#101 13.11.2023 22:13

memyself&I

Re: The All Irish Music Thread

ab 17.01.2024 doch noch im Kino - Once

Ein talentierter Stra�enmusiker (Glen Hansard) tr�umt in Dublin von der gro�en Karriere, w�hrend er im Gesch�ft seines Vaters Staubsauger repariert. Eines Tages wird er von einer jungen Pianistin (Mark�ta Irglov�), die sich mit Gelegenheitsjobs durchschl�gt, angesprochen. Ihr gefallen seine Lieder, und sie hat einen Staubsauger, der dringend repariert werden muss. Da wissen beide noch nicht, dass man nur einmal im Leben die richtige Person trifft: Eine bezaubernde, aber unm�gliche Liebesgeschichte beginnt.

Ein kleiner Film aus Irland macht sich auf, zum Musikfilm einer Generation zu werden: ONCE. Unvergesslich sch�ne Lieder, der Publikumspreis von Sundance und hymnische Besprechungen trugen die hinrei�ende Geschichte einer einzigartigen Liebe in die Herzen der amerikanischen Kinog�nger. L�ngst f�r den Oscar� gehandelt, kommt John Carneys Film nun auch in die deutschen Filmtheater. In den Hauptrollen sind Glen Hansard ("Commitments") und Mark�ta Irglov� zu sehen.

Maybe the sun will shine today. The clouds will blow away. Maybe I won't feel so afraid. I will try to understand either way.

#102 13.11.2023 22:23

Berlin
Sugar Sweet

Danke, h�rt sich sch�n an... ins Kino wollt ich schon lange mal wieder, hoffentlich kommt der Film auch in die Pampa-Kino`s...

R.E.M.ember us...

#103 15.11.2023 19:00

memyself&I

2008 neues von Frames und Swell Season

He and Irglova plan to do another record as The Swell Season. "We have a batch of songs done and have been playing some of them live. Currently, though, we're so busy promoting the movie and soundtrack and the first record that we haven't the time to get into the studio," Hansard said. Their goal is to record next year.

"The Frames are still very much a priority for me and I'm anxious to get into writing mode with them and into the studio. I guess it's realistic to think there could be a new record by both next year. I hope that's not too much of me out there."

ganzer artikel:
http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar … /711150021

Maybe the sun will shine today. The clouds will blow away. Maybe I won't feel so afraid. I will try to understand either way.

#104 20.11.2023 19:08

memyself&I

18 Nov 2023

DVD RELEASE INFO

Hi,

Please find the following details about the DVD release of ONCE below:

IRELAND - 26th of November

USA - 16th of December

U.K. - Valentines' weekend

The Once DVD will feature the following bonus materials:

Musical Commentary with Director John Carney and Actor/Musician Glen Hansard and Mark�ta Irglova

Film Commentary with Director John Carney and Actors/Musicians Glen Hansard and Mark�ta Irglova

Free Music Download of "Falling Slowly" from the Motion Picture Soundtrack Once

Making a Modern Day Musical

More Guy, More Girl Featurette

Webisodes - Broken Hearted Hoover Fixer Sucker Guy

Trailers

BUT those who can't wait to have the movie on the shelf at home before the DVD's general release....

The good news is that there is a deluxe CD/DVD collector's edition  coming out on the 4th of December from Canvasback/Columbia Records/Sony Music Soundtrax.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … =329817021

NEW YORK, Oct. 9  /PRNewswire/ -- Canvasback/Columbia Records/Sony Music Soundtrax will release a deluxe CD/DVD combination collector's edition of Music From the Motion Picture 'Once' on Tuesday, December 4.
The newly expanded edition of Music From the Motion Picture 'Once' includes a CD featuring the original soundtrack album in its entirety as well as two previously unreleased tracks: "And the Healing Has Begun," performed by Glen Hansard, and "Into The Mystic," performed by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova.
The deluxe version of Music From the Motion Picture 'Once' also premieres a DVD of live performances of songs from the film including "Falling Slowly" and "Into The Mystic" (Live from the Old Town School of Folk Music) as well as "Lies," "When Your Mind's Made Up," and "If You Want Me" (from the KCRW sessions). The DVD includes revelatory interviews with the film's principal performers Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova.
Beginning in November, Hansard and Irglova will embark on an extensive North American concert tour. Among the most highly-anticipated live events of 2007, the Glen Hansard-Marketa Irglova concert tour will feature Martha Wainright as the opening act on all US dates (see full itinerary following).
One of the most universally acclaimed motion pictures of recent years, "Once," a Fox Searchlight Pictures release, took home the World Cinema Audience Award for Best Dramatic Film at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival and the 2007 Audience Award at the 5th Jameson Dublin International Film Festival. Fox Searchlight Pictures is slated to release "Once" on DVD on Tuesday, December 18.
Both audiences and critics at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival raved about "Once." "It may well be the best music film of our generation," observed Michael Phillips of the Chicago Tribune. "The best of the best at Sundance. A gift of a movie that is absolutely worth seeing more than once," wrote Rolling Stone's Peter Travers. A.O. Scott, of The New York Times, called it, "One of the genuine discoveries of this year's Sundance Film Festival ... close to perfect."
Critical and popular acclaim for the film, its stars, and its music continued to amass following a limited US opening of "Once" in New York and Los Angeles in May 2007:
      "...some of the most appealing, moving and rousing musical numbers
      heard in independent films...the unequivocal highlight is the
      collection of songs, which range from lilting to haunting." - USA
      Today

"Thanks to [Hansard's] soulful wail, cuts like the excellent 'Trying
      to Pull Myself Away' and 'Leave' have a solid roots-rock magnetism."
      - Rolling Stone

"Hansard, a member of the Irish group The Frames, wrote the movie's
      songs, and they are softly gorgeous odes to troubled hearts..."
      - Entertainment Weekly

"...the music is so rich and completely satisfying..." - LA Times

"[Hansard's] a powerhouse - his voice can be raw and clear,
      impassioned and imperfect. But it always feels like you are  listening
      to a true, heartfelt expression of who he is." - Associated Press

"pitch-perfect rock love story" - The Wall Street Journal

"...writer-director John Carney does something both profound and
      unexpected: He reinvents the movie musical as a genre of swooning rock
      'n' roll realism...it rocks the soul." - The Boston Globe

"Hansard is undoubtedly a charismatic, compelling screen presence, and
      he has a ferocious way with a song's dynamics." - The Washington Post

"This is a very little film with a very large heart." - The San
      Francisco Chronicle

"'Once' will reinforce your belief in the power of melody and harmony
      to heal one's inner wounds... really, truly, deeply - one of the
      year's best so far." - Newsday

"The most naturalistic and believable romantic musical you may ever
      see and hear." - Detroit Free Press

When conceptualizing "Once," the film's writer/director John Carney wanted to create " ...  a simple, classic story of two artists falling in love." Carney had been a musician himself -- playing bass guitar with the Dublin band The Frames in the early 1990s -- before devoting himself to film. As a fan of classic movie musicals, Carney brings a new relevance and believability to the genre in "Once," an Irish alternative-folk musical. He set "Once" in his native Dublin, casting his former Frames bandmate Glen Hansard (who'd appeared in Alan Parker's "The Commitments") as an itinerant busker/songwriter/guitarist and Marketa Irglova -- a musician from the Czech Republic (who collaborated with Hansard on his 2006 solo album, "The Swell Season") -- as an immigrant pianist. With the film's scenes taking place where music would naturally occur -- a piano shop, a recording studio, a room with a guitar, a busking spot -- the songs in "Once" are all performed on camera, arising as organic elements in the storyline.
In the film, the Guy (Hansard) works part-time helping his father, who runs a small, vacuum cleaner repair business, but dreams of having his songs recorded and landing a record deal. His girlfriend has recently left him and gone to London, and he is still coming to grips with that loss and is emotionally vulnerable.
One day while busking on Dublin's Grafton Street, he meets the Girl (Irglova), an East European immigrant who has moved to Dublin to start a new life for herself and is currently working as a house cleaner in an upper-class residence. She is struggling financially, cannot afford the piano she yearns for, and is in the process of making crucial decisions about her personal life.
The Guy and the Girl are both outsiders, both strangers with nothing to lose. As their two worlds cross over through their shared love of music, their relationship blossoms. They put together a band to rehearse songs and record a demo, all of which results in finding themselves and sharing the transformative power of music.
Written and directed by John Carney, "Once" is produced by Martina Niland and executive produced by David Collins with Music by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova. The director of photography is Tim Fleming, and the production designer is Tamara Conboy. Costume design is by Tiziana Corvisieri with casting by Maureen Hughes. Once has been financed by The Irish Film Board and RTE.
Music From the Motion Picture 'Once' - Deluxe CD/DVD Edition track listing
  CD:
  1.   Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova - Falling Slowly
  2.   Marketa Irglova and Glen Hansard - If You Want Me
  3.   Glen Hansard - Broken Hearted Hoover Fixer Sucker Guy
  4.   Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova - When Your Mind's Made Up
  5.   Glen Hansard - Lies
  6.   Interference - Gold
  7.   Marketa Irglova - The Hill
  8.   Glen Hansard - Fallen From The Sky
  9.   Glen Hansard - Leave
  10.  Glen Hansard - Trying To Pull Myself Away
  11.  Glen Hansard - All The Way Down
  12.  Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova - Once
  13.  Glen Hansard - Say It To Me Now

BONUS TRACKS:
  14.  Glen Hansard - And the Healing Has Begun
  15.  Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova - Into the Mystic

DVD:
  - Falling Slowly - Live from the Old Town School of Folk Music
  - Into the Mystic - Live from the Old Town School of Fold Music
  - Lies - KCRW sessions
  - Mind's Made Up - KCRW sessions
  - If You Want Me - KCRW sessions
  - Interviews with Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show … 4925.shtml

#105 04.01.2024 18:41

memyself&I

Ich werde den Glen sehn  cool big_smile

Once"-Preview mit Hauptdarstellern

Ein Film aus Irland macht sich auf, zum Musikfilm einer Generation zu werden: "Once", John Carneys mehrfach ausgezeichneter Streifen. Zur Preview von "Once" am 10. 01. um 20.00 Uhr erwarten wir den Hauptdarsteller Glen Hansard.

http://www.cinestar.de/de/kinos-lokal/b … -10-01-08/

sie haben tats�chlich die Ank�ndigung angepa�t....

#106 06.01.2024 15:39

memyself&I

und noch mehr gute Nachrichten in Sachen Once. ab 25.Feb kann man die DVD tats�chlich kaufen mit Regionen Code 2 und Pal.
Sowohl Amazon als auch CDWOW nehmen schon Vorbestellungen an

http://www5.cd-wow.net/detail_results_2 … at=region2

http://www.amazon.de/Once-UK-Glen-Hansa … amp;sr=8-2

#107 06.01.2024 16:00

BlueMoon
King Of Comedy

memyself&I schrieb:

Ich werde den Glen sehn  cool big_smile

Once"-Preview mit Hauptdarstellern

Neid ...

"As a thinking person I'm completely in despair, but as a creature I'm quite happy."
Robyn Hitchcock

Brett Fußzeile