#51 04.08.2023 14:05

kati
BuckMaster

Re: I.R.S. YEARS CD AND DVD DUE OUT SEPTEMBER 12TH

BlueMoon schrieb:

auf REMHQ haben sie jetzt au�er ein paar Audios auch 3 Videos von der DVD zum Angucken: Rockville (from Cutting Edge), Finest Worksong und So. Central Rain

schon allein wegen der version von "Rockville" lohnt sich die DVD big_smile
unbedingt anschauen!

part lies, part heart, part truth, part garbage

@Kati: Ich wei�, ich wei�! Dein zweiter Vorname ist Ungeduld und der dritte Neugier!

#52 05.08.2023 17:15

crazy cat

Ich hab's angeschaut big_smile

Musik ist eine h�here Offenbarung
als alle Weisheit und Philosophie

#53 05.08.2023 19:06

Binky_the_doormat
Orange Crush

Hol`ich mir! big_smile

In Florida ist es strafbar nackt zu duschen.

*Bonn,28.6.2005*

#54 06.08.2023 17:11

crazy cat

Nicht nur du big_smile

#55 25.08.2023 10:45

crazy cat

Auch die DVD kann man nun bei amazon.de vorbestellen big_smile

#56 25.08.2023 10:53

kati
BuckMaster

ich hoffe ja, dass ich beides am erscheinungstag in einem laden hier in meiner n�he bekomme

@Kati: Ich wei�, ich wei�! Dein zweiter Vorname ist Ungeduld und der dritte Neugier!

#57 25.08.2023 11:04

crazy cat

Unser Media-Markt hinkt oft etwas hinterher bei den Neuerscheinungen. Deshalb verlass ich mich lieber auf amazon, die die Neuver�ffentlichungen meist schon am Vortag des offiziellen Erscheinungsdatums rausschicken.

#58 01.09.2023 19:25

kati
BuckMaster

war heute im mediamarkt und saturn und hab einfach mal nach den best of's gefragt, die dvd erswcheint laut deren computer schon n�chste woche (8.9.), die cd weiterhin am 15.9.

#59 08.09.2023 08:59

tom
Orange Crush

Die ersten Reviews zur neuen CD "And I feel Fine: Best of the I.R.S. Years 1982-1987"
Mojo: 5*****
Uncut: 4****
Channel 4: 9/10
Vienna Online: CD/DVD Tipp
Flagple Magazin: Begin The Begin� Again: Are R.E.M.'s Older Works Their Finest Songs?

It�s hard to listen to them without feeling that something vital really has been lost in the last 20 years.

In diesem Satz steckt leider viel Wahres drinnen!!!:confused:

"R.E.M. sind seit gut zwei Jahrzehnten die gr��te kleine Band der Welt."
Die Presse

#60 08.09.2023 10:03

BlueMoon
King Of Comedy

Amazon USA hat angefangen, die CDs und DVDs zu verschicken.

"As a thinking person I'm completely in despair, but as a creature I'm quite happy."
Robyn Hitchcock

#61 08.09.2023 12:34

BlueMoon
King Of Comedy

Interview mit Michael zum Best of Release in der SUN
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2006 … 7,,00.html

The Michael Stipe interview
By JACQUI SWIFT
SEPTEMBER 08, 2023

MICHAEL STIPE looks a decade younger than his 46 years. Dressed in dark skinny jeans and a black leather jacket that accentuates those famous piercing blue eyes, he seems relaxed after flying in from a holiday in the South of France.

Sitting opposite me in a luxurious rooftop suite of an exclusive hotel, the R.E.M. singer is in London for just two days, to talk about a period he clearly holds a great affection for � R.E.M.�s early years on I..R..S. Records, the International Record Syndicate label run by Miles Copeland.

As the people from Russell Brand�s 1 Leicester Square show noisily set up and prepare for the next interview with Michael, he is quickly updated on who Russell is and what is expected of him for the filming. He is co-operative and carries on chatting to me as I wait for the briefing to finish.

Friendly and courteous, there aren�t many singers on his superstar level who would even think about giving interviews for old albums.
R.E.M. � including retired drummer Bill Berry � compiled the best tracks from their first EP Chronic Town and their first five albums for this compilation.

Michael told SFTW: �I�m really happy with the results. We called Bill Berry out of retirement to help us choose the songs and the videos for the DVD release, the B sides and all the extra stuff that�s on there.

�I think it will be an interesting compilation for people who have known the band for a long, long time. But there are a lot of people, who maybe just because of their age, think of R.E.M. as a band who started out around Losing My Religion, and so here�s this whole early period of work which was an intense period for us as songwriters.�

Here in an exclusive interview with SFTW, Michael looks back at R.E.M.�s early years, reveals the shock of beating Jacko�s Thriller in an end of year poll and how the band suffered when drummer Bill Berry retired in 1997, two years after collapsing on stage with a brain aneurysm.

How was it going back to the vaults and picking the tracks for this album?

There were a few songs that surprised me because we don�t perform them live and I had not listened to them for some time, so it was really awesome to hear those. And then to be able to approach the label people and say which songs we wanted.

Each one of you selected an individual track?

For my chosen track Time After Time (AnnElise), I rediscovered the song putting this compilation together. I�d forgotten about it.
Looking back at the recording of that song, from the perspective of a 46-year-old, 20 odd years later, I realised how much the Velvet Underground were such a huge influence in that song.
We were all huge fans and that song sounds exactly like the Velvet Underground�s first album to me from the drums to the vocal melody. But it�s R.E.M.�s take on it.
It shows we were just an embryonic band developing into a band with five years under our belts, and seven years of touring, but it also shows a lot of the influences that are now, to me, very obvious.

What other influences can you now hear in those recordings?

Pop radio from the 1960s was a huge influence. The whole British and the New York punk scene were really what brought us together as a band.

You followed punk and created this new genre. Were you aware of that?

It was completely by accident. We were interpreting our influences and doing what we thought was the best thing we could do at the time, with our limited abilities as musicians and song-writers. Then it became its own thing.

Were you having flashbacks as you selected the tracks?

Yep, especially with some of the interviews and videos, I hadn�t seen some in years and they�re very funny. The time I had DOG scrawled over my forehead. I was really, really sick. I had a terrible fever, and I felt like s**t. There�s that phrase �sick as a dog�. So I wrote it on my forehead. Share the misery!

Which ones stand out?

Us on The Tube � the hairstyles alone were pretty shocking. I remember doing the show with Tom Waits who I was a huge fan of. We talked about make-up as I used to have a look at the time, and he used to put on a lot of make-up.
In those whacked-out memories, I also remember playing The Tube with Wham! and they had 18 dancers, were wearing legwarmers and were lip-synching and we were playing live.
When we looked at the audience, they were all staring at us like we were the most uninteresting thing that had ever stepped onto stage. Yet on camera we were trying very hard to be incredibly interesting.

How do the early years compare to the present day?

I can look back on it and objectify, but really it�s my life. It didn�t feel small at the time to play the Marquee Club and it be sold out.
We were this nothing band who played to eight people in Detroit, Michigan, then flew to London and sold out this famous club that we�d been looking at pictures of from the punk rock days. We were there and there were people there to see us, it was like: �Wow!�

Each album built on the last. Did that mean you enjoyed it more?

It�s a very different time now. I don�t think a band now would be able to grow in that way. We emerged very publicly as a group and we grew up in public. I don�t know if a band would be allowed that now. It just speaks of a very different time.

Your debut album, Murmur, was named as Rolling Stone�s album of the year! How did that feel?

Shocking! I couldn�t believe that they had chosen us as album of the year over Michael Jackson�s Thriller - which had sold at the time tens of millions of records - and War by U2. It was like: �What? We�re just this nothing band?� But more people became interested in what we were doing.

Back then you said you had no idea how to make a commercial record.

I still don�t!

Has it been harder to keep your integrity once your fan base got larger?

No, in fact if anything it�s become easier. As a lyricist I feel more confident in my abilities now. I am more instinctual, which is closer to what I was doing in the early days.
Just trusting yourself as an artist and allowing that to be the creative driving force, rather than trying to interpret what people want to hear or do what radio wants. We have never been a band that catered to radio, and yet we�ve had a lot of success.

Did you have a new-found confidence because of the success of your debut?

We were well aware of the sophomore jinx. After the success of Murmur, we thought: �What on earth are people expecting of us?� So we decided to record and mix that record in 12 days. We just went in and whatever song we had, we put down in one take, or maybe two takes and that was it. We just got the sophomore jinx out of the way.
It was really on our next album Fables Of The Reconstruction that I realised I had a distinctive style, which was basically singing nonsense over words, and stringing them together.
It was on Fables that I started writing narratives which to me made a lot of sense, that were attempting to be understandable to the listeners.
Some twenty years later I am still trying to write clearly understandable narratives, but no one else seems to understand including my band mates.

Fables was recorded in London. That was an unhappy time for you, why?

We had been touring for five solid years and we had just three weeks to write the record, and we found ourselves in a very cold, wet place with no money.
So we were starving and freezing. We love London, but creatively it was a very difficult time for us.

You said then it felt like the band was having a nervous breakdown.

I sure was but I don�t think it�s reflected on the record at all. It remains one of my favourite R.E.M. records.

Your third album, Life�s Rich Pageant, was produced by Don Gehman. How much do you owe him for the larger rock sound that appeared on this album?

He was renowned for his drum sound and that was something we were interested in, so we basically got a lot louder drums. It was a very confident record for us at the time.
But his production style was really to question me, my motives and my lyrics. It stole what confidence I had away. I don�t blame him for that, it was just a clash of personalities and his interpretation of where I needed to go though it was going in a direction that was probably a little bit earlier than I needed to go in.

Your fourth album, Document, had a more jagged sound. Was that to complement the more political lyrics?

I think so. There were some very angry songs on that album, some very overtly, even fanatically political songs. It was reflecting what it was like to live under the Reagan and Bush eras. At that point it felt like enough is enough.

It was a blow for you when Bill Berry left REM. Did your music suffer?

I think the record that we made after he quit, Up, is the one of the most emotionally raw records that we�ve ever made. It�s about two songs too long.
I�m really proud of the record, but it shows a band that had just fallen apart at the seams and which was trying, with Sellotape, to put ourselves back together again.

Beitrag geändert von BlueMoon (08.09.2023 12:39)

"As a thinking person I'm completely in despair, but as a creature I'm quite happy."
Robyn Hitchcock

#62 09.09.2023 11:21

kati
BuckMaster

hallo, ich habe mir vor ein paar tagen einen Info-Folder �ber die neue Best Of bei ebay ersteigert,
u.a. sind auch die Promoaktivit�ten aufgezeichnet...

TV:
umfangreiche TV-Kooperation mit Sat.1 / Pro7 / Kabel 1 ab V�-Tag mit ca. 80 Spots (15 Sekunden)

Print:
Anzeige 1/2 Seite 4-c in der Oktober-/November Ausgabe von Good Times (ET: 15.09.)
Anzeige 1/2 Seite 4-c in der Oktober Ausgabe von Eclipsed (ET: 21.09.)
Anzeige 1/2 Seite 4-c in der Oktober Ausgabe von Galore (ET: 25.09.)
Anzeige 1/2 Seite 4-c in der Oktober Ausgabe von Public (ET: 25.09.)

Promotion:
angefragte Interviews mit den Magazinen Rolling Stone, Musik Express, Galore/Public sowie einem freelance Journalisten zwecks Beitragsstreuung

best�tigte Stories & Reviews in Rolling Stone, ME, Galore, Public, Spiegel, Audio, Stereo, Stereoplay, Kulturnews und versch. H�ndlermagazinen

weitere Berichte erwartet in Musik-, Kultur- und Lifestyle-Magazinen sowie Tageszeitungen und DVD-Magazinen

Handel:
umfangreiches bundesweites Trade Marketing-Paket in Vorbereitung

Instore:
bundesweite Poster-Kampagne ab 18.09.

au�erdem weden 7 Klingelt�ne ver�ffentlichet wink wer es braucht big_smile

#63 09.09.2023 12:57

memyself&I

ich brauch's nicht...
was ist denn ein info-folder? ist das ne datei oder papierformat?

Maybe the sun will shine today. The clouds will blow away. Maybe I won't feel so afraid. I will try to understand either way.

#64 09.09.2023 16:34

kati
BuckMaster

papier, wie soll ich den eine datei ersteigern? wink

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … T&rd=1

#65 09.09.2023 23:40

BlueMoon
King Of Comedy

hat irgendjemand hier mitbekommen, dass man auf REMHQ im US Shop die DoppelCD als limited edition mit Postkarten kaufen konnte?  Ich nicht und jetzt ist es schon ausverkauft

Robyn Hitchcock

#66 10.09.2023 09:54

kati
BuckMaster

nein, ich war vor ein paar tagen im us shop, hab aber nichts gesehen

#67 11.09.2023 10:35

tom
Orange Crush

BlueMoon schrieb:

Ich nicht und jetzt ist es schon ausverkauft

Im Moment gibts wieder welche...

"R.E.M. sind seit gut zwei Jahrzehnten die gr��te kleine Band der Welt."
Die Presse

#68 11.09.2023 15:28

BlueMoon
King Of Comedy

tom schrieb:

Im Moment gibts wieder welche...

Wenn ich es in den Warenkorb legen will, poppt ein Fenster auf und sagt: unable to add .... to cart....

Robyn Hitchcock

#69 11.09.2023 18:21

kati
BuckMaster

ich hab es heute fr�h auch probiert und dieses fenster "unable to...." bekommen
sie h�tten uns ja auch echt per e-mail oder so benachrichtigen k�nnen, das es das gibt...
ich kann mir ja fast nicht vorstellen, dass schon 1000 leute das bestellt haben

gibts es den leute auf murmurs, die es bestellt haben?

#70 11.09.2023 18:24

kati
BuckMaster

ich hab jetzt gerade nochmal probiert, tom, bist du sicher, dass du die version mit den postkarten hattest? hast du sie wenigstens auch geordert?

#71 12.09.2023 21:23

kati
BuckMaster

geduld und neugier zahlen sich aus wink
habs gerade nochmal probiert und konnte sie ordern big_smile

wird sogar ohne versandkosten verschickt

#72 12.09.2023 23:27

admin
Webmaster
Web-Seite

kati schrieb:

wird sogar ohne versandkosten verschickt

bist Du da sicher?
bestellen kann ich sie auch, aber immer nur mit $10.52 Versandkosten hmm

Master of Disaster

#73 12.09.2023 23:46

BlueMoon
King Of Comedy

also bei mir zeigte es zuerst ohne Versandkosten an, aber bei Schritt 2 wurden dann 10.52 dazuaddiert. Kati, bist du sicher, dass du es nicht �bersehen hast?

Robyn Hitchcock

#74 13.09.2023 05:56

kati
BuckMaster

�hmmm keine ahnung, hab gleich noch was anderes bestellt
ob nun mit oder ohne versandkosten, ich h�tte sowieso bestellt big_smile

#75 13.09.2023 08:12

Shine
SUN-SHINE

BlueMoon schrieb:

also bei mir zeigte es zuerst ohne Versandkosten an, aber bei Schritt 2 wurden dann 10.52 dazuaddiert. Kati, bist du sicher, dass du es nicht �bersehen hast?

bei mir wurden auch in schritt 2 versandkosten angezeigt

*Mitglied im Club der Teufel*
auf uns und rosarot

Brett Fußzeile