#26 29.11.2023 08:51

Triple
Web-Seite

Re: Nick Cave

Fast noch interessanter ist das Angebot, im Video mitzuspielen. Die Bedingungen klingen fair.  smile

"Any individuals prepared to disrobe down to underwear should make themselves known in advance as the request will certainly be made on the day. This is not a pre-requisite for participation however! Equally individuals with unique & idiosyncratic dancing styles appreciated.

You will be needed from 11am to midnight . Dont worry your expenses will be covered and you will be fed, watered and looked after. This is the first opportunity to see Grinderman in action in the UK and you..will be captured there on celluloid for posterity."

Now let your mind do the walking.

#27 29.11.2023 14:27

januke
red right hand

Das finde ich auch. W�rde ich in London leben w�rde ich wohl glatt mal vorbeischauen - das mit der Unterw�sche m�sste ich mir vielleicht noch �berlegen, doch der Rest kling wirklich ok. Bin mal auf das Video gespannt!

I said you could find me where the nighthawks fly
and I'll be there a while, yes I'll be there a while.

#28 06.12.2023 01:13

januke
red right hand

Nettes Interview in vier Teilen, wenn man mal Zeit hat und Nick Caves angenehmer Stimme lauschen m�chte:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eZfZOTWCyc

Mein Lieblingszitat daraus ist ganz klar:
"Trying to find the way I feel is like trying to find a dead rat up a drain pipe"

#29 02.02.2024 09:07

Remmelkind
Ich bin der Fr�hling

Mut zur Farbe!

#30 03.02.2024 14:48

januke
red right hand

Ich mich auch! Ist denn schon bekannt, wann es rauskommt?

#31 10.02.2024 11:37

memyself&I

Nick Cave Wraps One Album, Plots Another
Grinderman

February 09, 2007, 1:05 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Nick Cave will be a busy man in the coming months, as he prepares to release the self-titled debut from his band Grinderman and gets to work on the next release from his long-running outfit the Bad Seeds. First up is the Grinderman disc, due April 10 via Anti-, which finds Cave backed by Bad Seeds members Warren Ellis, Martyn Casey and Jim Sclavunos.

"Grinderman is low on personnel, the songs are short, the album is short," Cave tells Billboard.com. "And, I play guitar." The group will make its live debut in late April at the All Tomorrow's Parties festival in England, but has yet to commit to additional performances. "If we can do [that show] with a minimum of fuss, then there's no reason we couldn't book dates," Cave says. "But to go on some huge tour would probably defeat the purpose of it in some way."

Plus, Cave has begun conceptualizing the follow-up to the Bad Seeds' 2004 double-disc set "Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus," which he plans to record in July. "I've been working on it for about three weeks," he says of the as-yet-untitled album. "I feel like something's about to happen. What? I'm not really quite sure. There's a certain type of music I'd like to make, and that's just raising its head, so I wouldn't like to talk to much about it."

When it comes time to play his ideas to the rest of the Bad Seeds, Cave says he puts himself through a grueling process of show and tell. "I sit down at a piano and they stand around," he says. "That's quite nerve-wracking, actually. You play a song and there's this sort of silence afterward. It's not like, 'Hey! That's cool!'"

Meanwhile, on March 20, Mute will release "The Abbatoir Blues Tour" CD/DVD, a four-disc set recorded at various shows, including London's Brixton Academy and Hammersmith Apollo.

Cave says he won't let up releasing as much music as possible, but he continues to struggle with an "industry geared around doing an album every three or so years. That way the marketing structure can work -- you can go do a lengthy tour and then disappear for a year while people forget about you. That's 13 songs every three years and for me, that's just not enough. One of the great things about Grinderman is that I've been able to dump out a whole lot more. I just want to leave this world with a massive catalog of songs."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/art … 1003544102

Maybe the sun will shine today. The clouds will blow away. Maybe I won't feel so afraid. I will try to understand either way.

#32 10.02.2024 12:25

Remmelkind
Ich bin der Fr�hling

H�? Die Abbatoir Blues Tour DVD liegt doch schon ne Weile in meinem Regal....

Mut zur Farbe!

#33 02.03.2024 10:15

januke
red right hand

F�r den Fall, dass es irgendjemand interessiert, beantworte ich mal kurz meine eigene Frage zum Album von Grinderman:

januke schrieb:

Ist denn schon bekannt, wann es rauskommt?

Heute!
Und da eine neue Nick-Cave-CD zusammen mit einem faulen Schlecht-Wetter-Wochenende eine reizvolle Kombination ergeben k�nnte, werde ich sie mir heute wohl noch kaufen.

#34 02.03.2024 11:22

Remmelkind
Ich bin der Fr�hling

Ich kauf sie mir auch heute! *freu* smile

Mut zur Farbe!

#35 02.03.2024 11:35

januke
red right hand

ich hatte auch nichts anderes erwartet!
Hoffentlich kommen die dann auch tats�chlich auf Tour....

#36 02.03.2024 23:42

Remmelkind
Ich bin der Fr�hling

Ich hab sie! big_smile
(nur noch keine Zeit zum H�ren gehabt, aber das mach ich dann morgen ganz gem�tlich...)

Mut zur Farbe!

#37 05.11.2023 18:50

memyself&I

THE NEW ALBUM - DIG, LAZARUS, DIG!!!

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds release their 14th studio album DIG, LAZARUS, DIG!!! on 3rd March 2008.

Produced by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds and Nick Launay who worked with the band on their last album Abattoir Blues/ Lyre of Orpheus, the new album was recorded over the summer at State of the Ark Studios in Richmond and mixed by Nick Launay at British Grove in Chiswick.

DIG, LAZARUS, DIG!!! features artwork by British artists Tim Noble and Sue Webster.

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds will announce single and tour news soon, and rest assured you will be the first to hear about it.

http://www.nickcaveandthebadseeds.com/

und gleich noch ein album...

JESSE JAMES SOUNDTRACK

Next week see's the CD release of the new soundtrack by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis from 'The Assisnation of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford' directed by Andrew Dominik and starring Brad Pitt. The Film is released 30th November nationwide.

Beitrag geändert von memyself&I (05.11.2023 18:52)

Maybe the sun will shine today. The clouds will blow away. Maybe I won't feel so afraid. I will try to understand either way.

#38 14.11.2023 11:11

Remmelkind
Ich bin der Fr�hling

Ach, Menno, da w�rd ich so gern hin...

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=D5C6nkk4Wvc

Mut zur Farbe!

#39 14.11.2023 11:21

kati
BuckMaster

The Exhibition at George Adams Gallery at The Arts Centre in Melbourne

Melbourne!!! ich bin dabei und mach dann was anderes smile

part lies, part heart, part truth, part garbage

@Kati: Ich wei�, ich wei�! Dein zweiter Vorname ist Ungeduld und der dritte Neugier!

#40 14.11.2023 18:43

Remmelkind
Ich bin der Fr�hling

Was denn?

Mut zur Farbe!

#41 15.11.2023 10:18

kati
BuckMaster

Melbourne angucken,
haben die nicht diese originelle Oper am Wasser?

@Kati: Ich wei�, ich wei�! Dein zweiter Vorname ist Ungeduld und der dritte Neugier!

#42 15.11.2023 10:49

memyself&I

ja, in Sydney

#43 15.11.2023 11:14

kati
BuckMaster

ich dachte, das w�re in Melbourne
die zeigen das immer bei den Australian Open (Tennis) und die sind in Melbourne

#44 15.11.2023 11:24

Remmelkind
Ich bin der Fr�hling

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney

Ausnahmsweise haste mal nicht recht! tongue wink

Mut zur Farbe!

#45 15.11.2023 12:05

kati
BuckMaster

damit kann ich leben ...

#46 16.11.2023 18:42

memyself&I

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford
Mute/EMI
Format: CD

Da haben Nick Cave und Warren Ellis wohl Blut geleckt. Nachdem sie mit dem Soundtrack zu "The Propositon" schon ein Mal ge�bt haben, legen Sie nun, f�r das Big Budget Hollywood Brad Pitt Western-Vehikel �ber die Ermordung Jesse James nach. Das hat nat�rlich seinen Reiz: Denn anstelle des �blichen, schwerm�tigen Pathosgedudels, das solcherlei Produktionen ansonsten bef�llt, gibt es dieses Mal also eine Art "Dirty Three"-Light - allerdings stellenweise mit Orchester, Piano, Bass und ein Mal mit E-Gitarre. Ellis und Cave ziehen sich hier recht geschickt aus der Aff�re: Die Musik bleibt skizzenhaft, vermeidet jegliche schwelgerische Opulenz und bietet mit "A Song For Bob" in Form eines dramatisch arrangierten, melodi�sen Haupt-Themas im Stile etwa eines Sigur Ros-Opus sogar eine Art H�hepunkt und einen Anker, um den sich der Rest dreht. Dem Thema (und dem Charakter der Musikanten) angemessen ist das nat�rlich alles recht sch�n d�ster und dr�uend gehalten. Und was an Cinemascope-Pathos fehlt, wird durch br�terische Wehmut ersetzt. Nun ja: "Jesse James" ist ja auch keine Kom�die, sondern, wie man h�rt, eine subtile Charakterstudie. Und da macht ein Soundtrack wie dieser durchaus Sinn.

http://www.gaesteliste.de/review/show.h … p;_nr=8365

#47 04.01.2024 20:40

memyself&I

Tracklist f�r DIG!!! LAZARUS DIG!!!

Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
Today's Lesson
Moonland
Night Of The Lotus Eaters
Albert Goes Wets
We Call Upon The Author
Hold On To Yourself
Lie Down Here (& Be My Girl)
Jesus Of The Moon
Midnight Man
More News From Nowhere

Den Song Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! gibt's als Stream auf der Homepage
http://www.nickcaveandthebadseeds.com/

Brett Fußzeile