#51 01.12.2023 20:31

memyself&I

Re: Der offizielle Coldplay-Thread

Coldplay To Unveil New Songs In Latin America

December 01, 2006, 10:10 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Having been off the road all year, Coldplay will unveil a batch of new songs during a Latin American tour in February and March. The trek will begin with a Feb. 14-16 stand in Santiago, Chile, and will run through a March 3 show in Mexico City.

"Having received such a phenomenal response to their last Latin American trip in 2003, [the band] personally chose to return to the region," reads a post on Coldplay's Web site, which also lists details for ticket onsales.

The new material is earmarked for Coldplay's fourth studio album, which is tipped for a late 2007 release via Capitol. It will be the follow-up to 2005's "X&Y," which debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200.

Here are Coldplay's tour dates:

Feb. 14-16: Santiago, Chile (Espacio Riesco)
Feb. 20-22: Buonos Aires (Gran Rex)
Feb. 26-28: Sao Paulo (Via)
March 3: Mexico City (National Auditorium)

http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article … 1003466923

Maybe the sun will shine today. The clouds will blow away. Maybe I won't feel so afraid. I will try to understand either way.

#52 27.01.2024 13:59

memyself&I

Coldplay Drafts Eno To Produce Fourth Album

January 26, 2007, 6:05 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Coldplay has drafted Brian Eno to produce its fourth album, Eno revealed today (Jan. 26) in an interview on BBC Radio 4's "Front Row." A Coldplay spokesperson was unavailable for comment at deadline.

Eno didn't discuss the pairing in detail, but said he expected the as-yet-untitled album "will be very original and very different from what they've done before." He also joked with host Kristy Lang about the pervasiveness of rock music that resembles former Eno client the Talking Heads.

"Funnily enough, I mentioned to David Byrne the other day that we are trying very hard to stay clear of Talking Heads," he said. Eno's most recent pop production project was Paul Simon's "Surprise," released last year via Warner Bros.

As previously reported, Coldplay will debut new material during a run of dates in Latin America, beginning with a Feb. 14-16 stand in Santiago, Chile. Coldplay vocalist Chris Martin also appears on "Homecoming, the intended first single from Kanye West's next album, "Graduation."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/art … 1003538468

Maybe the sun will shine today. The clouds will blow away. Maybe I won't feel so afraid. I will try to understand either way.

#53 13.03.2024 21:21

kati
BuckMaster

COLDPLAY SINGLES BOXSET: PRESALES NOW ON

On March 26th, Coldplay will release 'The Singles 1999-2006', a boxset
containing all 15 of the band's Parlophone singles on 7-inch vinyl.

You can now pre-order the boxset via the E-shop on www.coldplay.com. The
band have signed boxsets for the official store. Everyone who pre-orders
the boxset will be entered into the draw to win one of these exclusive
signed boxsets.

- To visit the UK/Rest of the World Coldplay store click here:
http://email.parlophone.co.uk/a/tBF9tLF … OV/link38-

part lies, part heart, part truth, part garbage

@Kati: Ich wei�, ich wei�! Dein zweiter Vorname ist Ungeduld und der dritte Neugier!

#54 14.03.2024 09:12

Triple
Web-Seite

Wann hast Du's vorbestellt? wink

Now let your mind do the walking.

#55 14.03.2024 15:40

kati
BuckMaster

garnicht und ich werde es auch nicht bestellen...

@Kati: Ich wei�, ich wei�! Dein zweiter Vorname ist Ungeduld und der dritte Neugier!

#56 14.03.2024 17:37

Triple
Web-Seite

Ich bin entsetzt. wink

Now let your mind do the walking.

#57 14.03.2024 17:45

kati
BuckMaster

wenn es CD Singles w�ren... oder halt eine andere Band wink
nee, im Ernst... ich wei� garnicht, was der Spa� kosten soll,
hab noch nicht geschaut, weil ich es einfach nur der Vollst�ndigkeit hier posten wollte,
als ich es gefunden hab

#58 10.09.2023 20:55

memyself&I

Coldplay Names Eight Songs Pegged For New Album
Coldplay

September 10, 2007, 11:00 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Coldplay has named eight songs in contention for its fourth album, due sometime next year. According to a post on the band's Web site, the tracks are "Lost," "Cemeteries of London," "Violet Hill," "Poppy Fields," "42," "Yes!," "Leftrightleftrightleft" and "Rainy Day."

"Expect a short, concise record with no fat and at least two top-division songs released independently," the post says, adding, "We're still a few months from finishing but already the arguments about track listing have begun."

The band previously said the as-yet-untitled new album is "infused" with "the sights, sounds and flavors of Latin America and Spain." It is being recorded in Barcelona and was inspired by Coldplay's visits to South America earlier this year.

"The music and lyrics have begun to reflect the strengthening Hispanic theme," the band told fans. However, don't expect any exotic instrumentation to get in the way of Coldplay's signature power ballads: "No maracas or castanets, but a vibrancy and colorfulness that owes much to the atmosphere of Buenos Aires and Barcelona."

As previously reported, Coldplay frontman Chris Martin guests on Kanye West's new album, "Graduation," due tomorrow (Sept. 11) via Def Jam.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/art … 1003637429
http://www.coldplay.com/

Brett Fußzeile