#201 26.10.2023 22:03

BlueMoon
King Of Comedy

Re: R.E.M. im Internet

skeptiker schrieb:

ih, der schaut aus wie meine oma in der kirche......    tongue

deine Oma tr�gt in der Kirche Cowboyhemden mit Fransen ? 

"As a thinking person I'm completely in despair, but as a creature I'm quite happy."
Robyn Hitchcock

#202 26.10.2023 22:13

mondm�nnchen
Man On The Moon

Also ich fand die Glitzeranz�ge toll! Hatte wirklich was von nem Rock'n Roll Star smile

Aber das hier schaut aus wie nen alter, blasser Indianer...

Die Mitglieder von R.E.M. und die Gastmusiker auch, haben sowieso nen komischen Klamottengeschmack... Peter im Blumenhemd, Mike mit naja, sowas halt..., Michael meist in Anz�gen (ok, das is ganz gut - es sei denn, er is mal wieder wei�) und mit Balken im Gesicht (oder noch schlimmer - auf dem Tibetian Freedom Konzert mit Thom Yorke - dieser komische Rock und Bauchfrei) und Scott mit Hut und Sonnenbrille (das find ich aber echt cool smile )

The Boney King of Nowhere

#203 27.10.2023 09:07

The Chosen One
Daysleeper

http://ema.mtv.de/theShow/host

Hier steht noch ne kleine Info �ber Michael drin!

#204 29.10.2023 17:58

BlueMoon
King Of Comedy

Postcard von Bertis aus Mailand

http://remhq.com/news_story.php?id=631

Sitting here on the traditional (for me) day of rest after a whirlwind week with Michael of almost a city a day of press around some of the great cities in Europe.

We started by hitting the ground running in London by visiting the studios of Radio 2, where Simon Mayo and Michael had a nice chat about the R.E.M. LIVE dvd/cd, online and stores now, as well as the new record coming out in the Spring and a few other topics of interest (interview runs today, Monday, 29th, at 11:30PM UK) and you can listen here. That night we took in Anton Corbijn�s masterful new film, CONTROL, just in release everywhere, and we had both wanted to see it anyway, and since Anton was on Jools Holland the next night with Michael, we especially wanted to see it post haste. It is a deeply affecting flim, and pays long overdue respect to the work and sadness of the late 70s Manchester band Joy Division. It is Anton�s first feature film, and clearly a labor of love for him since he took some of his earliest �rock photography� of Joy Division; both what�s onscreen and the reaction it has received everywhere is overwhelming, and certainly the film deserves the many accolades being bestowed on it. Way to go Anton!

The next day was a busy one, especially for Michael, as he did a few interviews that will be turning up in the British press in the next weeks and months. He also did a guest appearance on Later with Jools Holland, where other than Anton Corbijn, the musical guests included the excellent band from New York, BATTLES, as well as ANGIE STONE, RICHARD THOMPSON and CROWDED HOUSE. That show will air on November 9th. In the meantime, click here to visit Jools' site.

Wednesday morning dawned bright and early for us jet-lagged ones, but fly onward we did to Barcelona, then Madrid where Michael did a nice variety of press and TV appearances, including a fun late-night talk show with comedian Eva Hache. Madrid and Barcelona have always been favorite cities of ours, and once again, just like when we are on tour, we only regret not having more time there to do more than breeze through.

So somehow, with some careful planning, we have alighted in Milan for a few days of press for Michael, who will be on Fabio Fazio's TV Show Sunday night; then maybe a little down time. Next week it is on to Cologne for a show we have done before, TV TOTAL, and then to Munich for the MTV European Music Awards, where Michael will presumably present an award.

So a quick but productive trip at a nice time of year to be here in Europe, where we are pleased with the reaction to the LIVE project-- #5 on the considated European Chart in its first week. We are glad to finally have gotten that record and film released and we all owe Blue Leach, Brett Eliason and Emer Patten and their associates a lot of gratitude and respect in bringing that project to fruition. And we are happy and gratified that people seem to like it.

The new record is about finished, with Garret and the band slated for more work to do in the next few weeks. And yes, it rocks! Remdublin.com remains the best way to sneak preview it and the real thing will be out early in the year if all goes as planned. Tour? Probably� hope so. Under discussion . . . as they say.

I guess that is all the news from here. We all look forward to the year ahead. More to come.

"As a thinking person I'm completely in despair, but as a creature I'm quite happy."
Robyn Hitchcock

#205 30.10.2023 18:02

BlueMoon
King Of Comedy

und Michael aus Mailand:

http://remhq.com/news_story.php?id=632

ANTON CORBIJN and I wearing each others glasses at the Jools Holland show in London; Anton talked about CONTROL, his just-released film about Ian Curtis. Last Monday Bertis and I went to a theatre in Soho to see it and we agreed it's the best film we've seen in a very long time. Check online or in the papers for a theatre near you.

Performing on the show that night were CROWDED HOUSE [who were amazing] and BATTLES from NYC who I had not heard before. They were incredible live and really great to talk to. I can't wait to see them perform an entire show soon. They have an album on warp called MIRRORED.

I'm here doing press mostly tv for the new live cd/dvd. Peter and Mike fly over soon to mix the new record in London, release is set for spring 08. We finished recording in Athens earlier this month. Superexcited.

From Milan, Michael

Robyn Hitchcock

#206 13.11.2023 08:24

Berlin
Sugar Sweet

Hab ich bei Murmurs gefunden

Michael Stipe on Jools Holland
http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/series30/episode02/

click on -whole show.. interview starts around 14mins 30secs
well.. enjoy anyway!!

R.E.M.ember us...

#207 13.11.2023 15:51

BlueMoon
King Of Comedy

da war der Auftritt bei Raab ja richtig gut dagegen.

Robyn Hitchcock

#208 13.11.2023 22:05

Berlin
Sugar Sweet

Ich hab zwar mal wieder nicht alles verstanden, aber der hat wohl ziemlich bl�de Fragen gestellt... oder ?

R.E.M.ember us...

#209 13.11.2023 22:29

BlueMoon
King Of Comedy

dann hast du das Wichtigste ja verstanden wink

Robyn Hitchcock

#210 13.11.2023 22:34

Berlin
Sugar Sweet

Ich glaub schon wink ...auch an Michaels Verhalten war zu erkennen, das er sich da unwohl gef�hlt hat, dieser Typ war ziemlich selbstgef�llig.... Diese Promo Tour scheint mitunter recht anstrengend zu werden...

R.E.M.ember us...

#211 14.11.2023 22:01

Oldie
Binky The Doormat

Kann das sein, dass der Link heute schon nicht mehr funktioniert? Konnte da jedenfalls nichts entdecken, was auf Michael hingedeutet h�tte hmm

R.E.M. - the best band AROUND THE SUN

#212 14.11.2023 22:05

remmi
Man On The Moon

Doch, das funktioniert noch!

#213 14.11.2023 22:07

BlueMoon
King Of Comedy

ist noch da.
neben dem gro�en Videofenster sind rechts 5 kleine Auswahlbildchen. Es gibt keines mit Michael drauf, du mu�t auf das mit dem Schriftzug "Later with Jools Holland" klicken und Michael kommt bei ca 14:30 min (wie Sabine oben schon geschrieben hat)

Robyn Hitchcock

#214 14.11.2023 22:08

Oldie
Binky The Doormat

Aber wo ist da was von Michael bei der Auwahl der Interviews?
Bin ich blind? cool

#215 14.11.2023 22:10

Oldie
Binky The Doormat

BlueMoon schrieb:

ist noch da.
neben dem gro�en Videofenster sind rechts 5 kleine Auswahlbildchen. Es gibt keines mit Michael drauf, du mu�t auf das mit dem Schriftzug "Later with Jools Holland" klicken und Michael kommt bei ca 14:30 min (wie Sabine oben schon geschrieben hat)

Danke Sabine big_smile
Hatte deinen post noch nicht gesehen. Werde ich dann mal ausprobieren smile

#216 14.11.2023 22:17

Nachtschwimmerin
Binky The Doormat

Ich musste auch lange suchen wink

I 've found a way to make you smile

#217 14.11.2023 22:36

Remmelkind
Ich bin der Fr�hling

Michael sieht m�de aus und so, als ob ihm die Kontaktlinsen dr�cken! Und ehrlich, ich w�re auch nicht super drauf, wenn mein Bier warm ist... wink

Mut zur Farbe!

#218 15.11.2023 12:29

remmi
Man On The Moon

#219 15.11.2023 14:04

Belong
Man On The Moon

Das Shirt gef�llt mir... wink

We're R.E.M. and this is what we do

#220 15.11.2023 21:12

Nachtschwimmerin